www.audioatrium.com Index du Forum
Connexion S'enregistrer FAQ Liste des Membres Rechercher

Why isn't my amp loud enough?

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    www.audioatrium.com Index du Forum » Haute-fidelité
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
naoufel

MessagePosté le: Lun Jan 23, 2017 2:35 pm    Sujet du message: Why isn't my amp loud enough? Répondre en citant

Why isn't my amp loud enough? Connecting consumer audio devices to Crown amps

The question is when connecting a consumer audio device directly to an audio amp pro? The chances are that the output level on these devices will not be high enough to drive the amplifier to full functionality of the power. All branded amplifiers require at least 1.4Vrms (also known as +4dBu) at the input in order to reach full power at the output.
Typically, an XLR connector will carry pro audio levels. Most mixing board outputs provide same these. on the other hand, audio standard consumers are the RCA connector (usually red and white) or the mini plug (in the past are used for portable audio players).Furthermore, the XLR format provides a higher signal voltage same than two copies of the signal, together called a balanced line. The extra copy of the signal has the added benefit of being used by the amplifier to nod get the noise that gets into the audio link from lights, such as computers and other equipment.
So the best way to convert an unbalanced, consumer audio output to the branded XLR, the balanced pro-audio input is with an active converter box, a little preamplifier placed between the unbalanced source and the amplifier. As the example, a simple XLR-to-RCA adapter cable will not provide any boosted or balanced signal conversion and usually won't provide satisfactory results.
Converters come in many kinds normally you’ll only need a simple 2-channel version. These should cost less than $100, buy from you can buy from branded distributors in Canada such as http://solen.ca/, yo can also get their discount and pay amp and components on sale and can be found at any pro audio retailer. A Google search of "amplifiers Canada" will yield several good choices such as the ART CleanBox or Rolls ProMatch

newfinish

MessagePosté le: Sam Fév 04, 2017 6:30 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Dbx 1024 also if you can find them used, the promatch I used it for speakers and works great ! Now it's connected for my pioneer processor rca connector to a crown amp xlr, good product...

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    www.audioatrium.com Index du Forum » Haute-fidelité Toutes les heures sont au format GMT - 5 Heures
Page 1 sur 1
Sauter vers: